Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My little Valentine :)



"I love the ladies" - yes, we had to buy that t-shirt for Oliver for Valentine's Day!! How could we possibly resist?? And he did very well at looking super cute in it! I got some beautiful flowers from Jon and we had a pretty lazy day all round. I started feeling sick on Saturday so Sunday brought a cold and yesterday I was feeling pretty lousy. It was so nice that Jon had a day off work yesterday so I had an extra pair of hands to help me with Oliver. Today I am on the up and should be back to normal tomorrow I think :)

Last weekend we watched the Superbowl at Jennifer and Matt's so Mikayla and Oliver got to hang out and play for the evening. They had lots of fun and pretty much brought out every toy Mikayla owns :) It was a late night for Oliver - the game ended around 9pm but it had been snowing so we had to clean off the car and take it easy on the way home so he was probably in bed at 10pm. But he handled it very well (no tantrums!!).

Today it is just lovely outside - sunny and almost 30 degrees (F). Oliver is at daycare so I took Scoop for a nice long walk. Too bad I fell over but she had fun!!! Don't worry, winter isn't over yet but it gives us hope that Spring is in sight :)

I got a new toy last weekend - an iPhone - so I took a few videos of Oliver at the swimming pool on Saturday. I put a few of them at the bottom so you can get a taster of what he does there. We have now signed him up for the next semester so he is good through June I think. There is also a video of Oliver going off to "work" with his tool belt!! This is one of his favourite games at the moment. He is very much into pretending and his imagination is amazing sometimes :) He loves to get his bears snuggled up under a blanket and have them go to sleep!! The bears all help get toys out and choose books :) And his speech is still coming on really well and he is getting much easier to understand. We went to lunch at Applebee's with Grandpa yesterday so he can now say Applebee's well!! In fact, he asked to go there this morning on the way to school :)

Tomorrow I will be 35 weeks pregnant so definitely in the home straight now!! Next docs appt is on Monday where I should find out once and for all what position baby is in - hopefully the right one!! This baby is still very active though so it wouldn't surprise me if it's still doing somersaults ;)

Happy Pancake Day everyone!! Not sure we're having any in this house as I just wasn't organised enough and the last time I tried making them was a disaster!! So have one for me please someone :)



Oliver and Mikayla do karaoke

And a duet on the cat keyboard

Oliver escaping Aunty Jennifer!

Hmmm - I'm guessing Uncle Jon's reading wasn't up to scratch.....

Enjoying a snack with his friends Rowen and Ezra

Oliver borrowed Ezra's Lightning McQueen apron and chef's hat :)

The trees on Saturday morning - just beautiful.

My gorgeous boy watching Cars!!






No comments: