Thursday, February 19, 2009

18 months old (almost....)


Tomorrow Oliver will be 18 months old which is freaking me out just a little bit - where did that time go??!!! New height and weight stats will be available after his docs appt next Monday. I hope he's going to be OK. The last time I had an appt he cried and cried and cried as if he knew what was going to happen in the exam room so I'm not looking forward to it. At least after Monday he won't have to go again for 6 months.

Monday was President's Day over here so Jon got the day off which was really nice. We took Oliver to the play area at the Ridgedale Mall in the afternoon and he had fun going down the slides. It was really busy and it took him a while to get used to all the other kids being there. He does get quite overwhelmed and shy around lots of other children. We went to a play date at someone's house yesterday morning and it took him half an hour to move away from my side and play with the toys. He still didn't do much playing with the kids but at least he had fun eventually.

Nanna Pan will vouch for this story. I was eating a snack pot of Pringles the other day and when I was finished I gave Oliver the pot to play with. He pointed at the Pringles man and said "Daddy!". Jon didn't believe me until he did it again over the weekend. I'm not too sure Jon's pleased about this but he is thinking about growing a moustache (not really!!).

Today Oliver has helped me clean. I was cleaning his bathroom and put some bleach in the loo and he was quite upset that I didn't put any in his potty. So he got it out of the cupboard, lifted the potty lid and pretended to put bleach in there too. So funny!!

Just a few pics for you this time :)


Giving kisses to my Valentine's card from Grandpa and Grandma

It's him! It's Daddy!!!

Mmmmm - bread :)

Awwww - Scoopy looking cute (she's actually studying the floor intently for anything dropped from the highchair)

Daddy making me giggle - looks like the frog is telling a very funny story!!

Oliver is getting quite good with his Lego and managed to put all these pieces on the board himself. He's also really good with the shape sorter and still loves building towers!

No comments: