Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Welcome Emily Anne :)))



Our baby girl has arrived!!!! And she didn't waste any time in doing so :) All day Saturday I was feeling really ill but thought I had a sickness bug of some sort as I knew friends who were also sick and Oliver had been under the weather for a few days as well. Anyway, I went to bed at 9:30pm but couldn't really sleep. At around 12:30am I got up because I was having contractions that I couldn't sleep through. I started timing them but they were getting very intense, very quickly and I told Jon I was going to call the hospital. They told me to come in so we put a quick call into Ray who got here around 2am. We arrived at the hospital at 2:20am and Emily made her appearance just half an hour later. She weighed 9lbs 3oz and was 21 inches long. Perfect in every way and has lots of dark hair - just like I did as a baby!!! We are so excited to have a little girl and she will be very spoiled I'm sure :)

We got home on Monday evening and things have been going pretty well. Emily is eating well now and sleeps OK. She'll vary between waking up every hour and half and then sleeping for 4 or 5 hours solid!! Too bad the longer stints tend to be during the day rather than at night.

Grandma Colleen drove here from New York to visit and stay for a few days which is just great. We are also getting a lot of help from Matt, Jennifer and Mikayla. Jon is off work for the week too. It's so nice to have all the extra help to allow me to concentrate on little Emily in the early days. Oliver is having a tough time but we're not convinced it's related to Emily's arrival as he has been off colour for a week or so now. But he isn't eating very much, doesn't want to eat and has lost the ability to speak - he communicates in screams :(( It's tough going from that point of view but we are hopeful things will improve as time goes on.

Anyway, I will leave you with some pics of our new bundle of joy :)


One of the first pictures - take a look at the time on my watch :)

First picture with Daddy

Super cosy :)

Snuggling with Mum

Oliver (looking a little shell shocked) with his new sister

Mum and Emily

With Grandpa Ray and Grandma Sandy

Lounging on the boppy cushion - quite alert!

Oliver actually looks quite happy with the new arrival!

With Aunty Jennifer

All dressed up in her going home outfit

Passed out!

First bath at home this morning

Emily loves the vibrating chair!

All clean and fresh after the bath!

No comments: