Friday, March 19, 2010

Still waiting.....



Sorry, it seems like ages since I posted and I am rather preoccupied with this baby at the moment. I truly thought he or she would be here by now but at 39+2 I am still waiting!! It's driving me slightly crazy and patience is not my greatest virtue right now. I keep trying to pinpoint milestones or significant dates to help me along. For example, tomorrow is March 20th so I could have two children born on the 20th of the month which would be pretty fun (and easy to remember!!). And there are numerous birthdays during March, plenty of them are in the coming week so I'm almost bound to make someone's day a little bit more special :) Anyway, the good news is that I am progressing very well and my OB thinks I could be in for a fast labour so I am prepared to get in that car ASAP as soon as there are signs of things happening!!

Meanwhile, Oliver and I have been keeping busy with our friends, although yesterday was my last scheduled play date. I could be gatecrashing some next week ;) Last week Oliver had his first McDonalds!! I haven't taken him there before only because I thought it would be a complete waste of money and he wouldn't eat anything. Also, it's not really somewhere I go as they don't do a veggie burger out here!! Anyway, he surprised me by eating some chicken nuggets with his good friend Rowen. They had a blast and were running round the place like mad things!!

It was St Patrick's Day on Wednesday and we went over to Jennifer and Matt's for some Irish cuisine which was excellent. Again, Oliver surprised me and ate a ton of corned beef!!! Grandpa Ray and Grandma Sandy came along and brought some great cupcakes so we let the kids loose with them. Hmmmm, guess which one stayed the cleanest??!!! Oh my, Oliver got frosting EVERYWHERE!!!!! Jon got some pics on his phone so I don't have any here right now - too bad. Oliver thought it was pretty funny :)

The weather here has been absolutely fantastic the past few days. I'm talking 60 degrees out, sunshine, no jackets and almost no sign of snow on the ground!! Scoop has had a couple of walks and Oliver has been to the playground near us. Of course, Minnesota is strange and there is a possibility of light snow over the weekend but, for the most part, Spring is here!

One of the funniest things Oliver said this week as I was drinking water out of a pint glass: "No more Daddy's cup, Mummy". Says a lot about what he sees Daddy drinking, LOL :)))

Anyway, it's breakfast time and Oliver should be up soon - he's sleeping in a bit this morning so I have the chance to get this posted. Hopefully the next time I'm on here will be to welcome his new brother or sister :)


Oliver and Rowen having fun at McDonalds

Oliver and Mikayla cranking out the tunes on the organ

And playing silly games with Mikayla's dog and Grandma Sandy :)

No comments: