Friday, January 22, 2010

Swimming!



So Oliver started swimming lessons again last Saturday morning and he got on really well. He was so excited to go that all we heard that morning was "pool" and when we were finished we got "more pool"!!! The pool we are going to is great - steaming hot (I was sweltering on the side!!) and just so much fun. In the half hour lesson they play lots of fun games that get them used to having water splashed over them, being under the water for a short time and jumping in. Some of the games were the same ones that our friend Sue did in her classes in the UK so that was really nice. Safe to say I think someone will be more than happy to go again tomorrow morning! And he's started having baths again at home (rather than having a shower with one of us) which is really nice. He thinks he's back in the pool again!!

We had a fairly busy week going here and there. Yesterday we went to Eagle's Nest which is becoming a regular haunt - so nice in the bad weather - and Oliver ran around like a crazy thing for a couple of hours. He is getting very interested in going to the section for the older kids (the toddler part is for 3 and under) but I knew if I let him in there he'd get stuck at the top somewhere and would want me to get him!! Whilst I don't mind climbing it's not the greatest thing for me right now ;) This afternoon we are off to a birthday party play date in Minneapolis which should be lots of fun.

Me? 9 weeks to go and, as expected, the time is dragging badly. I am starting to get cramps and back ache and I feel like every time I move I say "ouch"!!! I am ready to meet the new Jozwiak but know I have to be patient a little while longer.

And here are a few of Oliver's favourite things to say at the moment:

wipe;wipe please;wipe mummy/daddy - usually referring to a runny nose that needs wiping but could also mean hands and mouth at meal time

thank you mummy/daddy - he just loves to say this at the moment and finds it pretty funny when we say "you're welcome Oliver"

help please mummy/daddy

Oliver - sounds more like "warwar"

waffle - sounds like "offal"!!

bye bye crumbs - he likes to clean the crumbs from his chair and the table after lunch

I'm sure there is tonnes more and I'll remember as soon as I publish this!!

Here are a few pics from swimming and recent days. In the mean time, Go Vikings (just one game away from the Superbowl!!)!!!




Ha ha!! It's fun to splash Daddy!!

This picture shows how hot is in the pool - I had to keep wiping the lens!

We need to work on Oliver's jack-knife position when he's on his back!! He did great laying flat in the bath last night so we'll see if he can do that tomorrow.



So, I ordered some nursing covers for when the baby comes and they arrived in the mail this week. I had to take them out of the packet to look at them and of course Oliver wanted to look too. Here he is wearing one of the covers with bear blankie nestled underneath in the appropriate position :)))

Off to the garage to get Mummy's car serviced - we had to take cars of course.

Playing at Eagle's Nest

No comments: