Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Autumn is here



Autumn has arrived but thankfully the weather is still pretty nice - we are having the summer we didn't really have earlier! Today Oliver and I went out to the Minnesota Zoo with our friends Lauren and Caitlin. Two pregnant women wandering around with lively toddlers - fun! It was a great morning and we stayed there for lunch which was amusing in itself. Oliver got mac and cheese and Caitlin got pizza. Let's just say they did a bit of a food swap/share :) I was hoping for a long nap after that but I was rewarded with 10 minutes in the car instead!! Still, he has gone off to sleep tonight in a matter of minutes so that's good.

This past weekend Oliver and Jon were at home together while I was relaxing in a cabin up north with some girlfriends. I had a fab weekend doing absolutely nothing but I think the boys had a great time as well. Oliver got to run errands with Daddy and help do "man" jobs around the house! And of course there was a visit to Grandpa's house where Oliver watched the first half of the (American) football game. He can now say football pretty well and he can do the sign for a touchdown perfectly (although I am yet to get it on camera). Trust me, he said it over and over when we out for dinner on Sunday night with Matt, Jennifer and Mikayla. And Mikayla's word of the night was "cheers"!!

On Monday morning Oliver grazed his elbow for the first time :( He fell down just one step at my friend Mary's house but that was enough to start the bleeding. But he was very brave - hardly any tears at all. He just kept showing me his arm all the way home in the car!! What can I say, he looks like a proper boy now :)

Yesterday I went for my first OB appointment for baby number 2. I am pleased to say all went well and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat which was, of course, wonderful. I will now have 4 weekly checks and another scan in about 6 weeks time.

Tomorrow is our first apple picking outing of the season out at Minnetonka Orchards. I feel an apple pie baking session coming on :)


What is this animal Mummy??

Fish stick anyone??

Oliver still loves his sweetcorn :)

Attempting to eat yogurt with his hands.....

Slide part 1: what's on the slide?

Slide part 2: what's on my bottom??

Slide part 3: Oh, I guess the slide was wet :))

Slide part 4: but who cares? Let's go again!!

No comments: