Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy St George's Day!


I've gone all patriotic today - well, I found our St George flag and hung it on the fireplace. As you can see, Oliver is quite intrigued!

Oliver and I have spent a lot of time outside over the past week or so as the weather has been so nice. He's helped rake up the leaves and put them in bags. When I say helped....he liked to walk through the pile of leaves we raked up and ensure it was no longer a pile :) We've played ball with Scoop in the garden which left both Scoop and Oliver exhausted (and me actually!). It's just so nice to finally get outside. Jon and I have also stained the deck so that's looking in much better shape.

I'm pretty sure Oliver is getting his back molars as he has been chomping away nicely on his fingers and was super drooly yesterday. I know they are the worst ones to break through and he does seem to be suffering a bit more than with the others so I hope it's over soon for him.

Major accomplishment for this week - Oliver just loves to walk down the stairs like a big boy. He normally holds our hand and steps down but Jon and I have both seen him do it unaided. I want to get a video but I'm still a bit wary of letting him do this alone so we'll wait a bit on that. Meanwhile, you'll get to enjoy harmonica playing by Oliver - he has obviously inherited the musical talent of the family!

Edited to add: he is now tall enough to reach the light switches. And there is no game as much fun as turning the light on, turning the light off, turning the light on, turning the light off....you get the picture!

Check out those knees!!

Looking all grown up sitting in a big chair outside

Playing outside comes with it's bumps and bruises though - check out that head!

It's even been warm enough to get the water table out!!

Being silly with Daddy last night

No comments: