Monday, March 23, 2009

A poorly Oliver :(


Last week was a tough one in the Jozwiak household. After writing last Monday that Oliver had turned into Mr Crabby, it all became clear why on Tuesday. I took his temperature and it was 40C (not 40F as I put on Facebook, LOL!!). He just really wasn't himself - not eating, very tired, not interested in toys, very whingey etc etc. I took him off to the docs but there wasn't anything obvious going on and they prescribed some antibiotics as his tonsils were a little red. On Wednesday he was just very tired all day and on Thursday he spent most of the day screaming in pain. So off I went back to the docs but all they could say was he had some sort of virus. Thankfully he has perked up a little bit every day since Friday so I guess we'll never know what was happening. It's nice to get my cheeky little boy back :)

Today we hosted our first play date at our house. Three of our mummy friends and their kids came over this morning for a couple of hours. It was really lovely and a nice way to spend a rainy Monday morning. Oliver was much more sociable than he has been before and the other kids seemed to enjoy all the toys. He then had a 2 hour nap as soon as everyone left so that was nice too!! We may get a visit from another friend tomorrow morning as she couldn't make it today. And on Wednesday we are going to a cookie decorating party at someone else's house. So a fairly busy week in store. And I'm going to try and get to the dentist again as Oliver screamed the place down when I went on Thursday and I had to leave - oops!

Two new words from Oliver yesterday - duck and cake!! I baked a lot of cakes over the weekend so that probably accounts for that one .

Not too many pics again I'm afraid but he wasn't really in the mood last week!


We need to buy some outdoor toys for Oliver, although a plastic bottle from the recycling bin did the trick yesterday! And the horseshoes made a cool "dinging" sound!

Standing on the porch of the playhouse - still with the bottle of course.....

Oliver at the play date this morning - I think he is mid snack ;)

No comments: