Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Doors, lunch and apples!!!


A strange title to this one but that just about covers the events of the past week :) As predicted, Oliver can now open doors - see the two videos to prove it. He thinks he's quite clever but of course now we can't keep him contained. I don't mind really except when he starts to empty the bathroom cabinets!

On Saturday we went over to Katherine and Rusty's place for lunch as Kirstie is in town for the week. Fab to see her and catch up with all the ladies!! Oliver and Kate had fun hanging out together.

Today we went to Minnetonka Orchards for some apple picking with the ladies and babies from the Hip Mamas meetup group. It was a beautiful morning - sunny and cool. Oliver picked an apple (yes, one!) and proceeded to munch on it!! Probably against the rules but I'm sure he's not the first and won't be the last!! There was a play area there and Oliver found a truck to play with. I think he would have been happy to play with that all day. Then we took a group photo of the kids in amongst the pumpkins. Oliver had never seen a pumpkin before so he was really excited!!

This week Oliver has tried a mild curry - a recipe from my baby and toddler book. He seems to really enjoy it. The first time he tried it he loved the first few mouthfuls then kind of screamed after each one - not in pain I hasten to add but I think the curry powder was having an effect :) Anyway, it has been better since then and he loved it tonight. I think that's all for now!!


Kate and Oliver playing on the stairs

Happily helping Daddy with his beer!

Showing off the gap between my teeth!

OK, I take the blame for teaching Oliver to show me his tongue :)

Wow - what have I found??!!

Mmmm - tasty apple!

My prized possession :)

Playing with the dumper truck

I don't know if you can see but the tractor was called Oliver so we had to have a picture :)

The kids posing with the pumpkins!

No comments: