Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Last day of formula


Well, as the title suggests, today is Oliver's last day of formula milk. We have been gradually phasing it out since his birthday and have finally reached the end of the road. Woohoo!! Cows milk is so much cheaper :) And he seems to enjoy it!!

Oliver's walking has come on in leaps and bounds since the last post. He can now take several steps at a time and cover the width of a room with no problem. He is getting more stable by the day as well. He can also reach door handles now but can't quite open the doors! I'd say we're another week or so away from that. No more securing him in one area......

Last Monday Oliver and I went to a quaint little bookshop in Linden Hills called Wild Rumpus. They have a storytime there every week which includes some song and dance as well. But the crazy thing about this place is that they have animals there!! A couple of chickens, ferrets, chinchillas, birds, cats. I think that's it! But it's amazing and so much fun for the kids. I think we'll be going back there.

Over the past week Oliver has been suffering a bit with his teeth. We went out for ice cream one day last week and I noticed then that one of his molars was coming through at the bottom. The next day I saw that not only the other bottom one was coming through but the next two up top as well - poor little mite :( He's been a little out of sorts but really not bad at all.

Last night Oliver was so cute. When Jon came home from work he tottered over to him and gave him a proper cuddle!! I had a tear in my eye it was so lovely. He is becoming much more affectionate and really understands cuddles and kisses. He gave me a hug one day last week too and when I tell him I'm going to give him kisses on the lips he giggles and hides from me :)) He was also mimicking his alphabet train yesterday. It says "bye bye" if you don't do anything with it for a period of time and Oliver straightaway said "bye bye" back. Obviously not really clearly but he was definitely copying.

What else?? Well, on Saturday we went to Ray and Sandy's and saw Matt, Jennifer and Mikayla there as well. We had a lovely BBQ on the last weekend of summer (it's still quite warm here though). Mikayla is doing great and loves to squeal with excitement like Oliver used to do at that age. She also loves her food and ate some beef stew and watermelon :) Yesterday I took Oliver to the swings for the first time and he loved that. 

Other than that, I keep forgetting to say that Oliver keeps pointing at his photos and smiling!! He really knows it's him I think and it's so cute :))

And there was I thinking I didn't have much news!! I'll stop now - here's pics and a video :)

Oliver found his wine glass last week and had a great time playing with it!

Jennifer and Mikayla - something must have caught Mikayla's eye!

Giving super cute smiles to Grandpa!!

Father/Son bonding time watching the game and eating popcorn!! And the Vikings won at last :)

No comments: