Friday, May 13, 2011

And she's off!!!



Of course - Daddy has been out of town so Emily decided it was a good time to figure out this whole walking thing!! She took one step at the beginning of the week and today she took maybe 6 or 7 (see the video at the end). She is still pretty wobbly but she obviously loves the fact that she can do this wonderful thing :) I am pretty excited too!

The beginning of the week was beautiful weather wise and on Tuesday it reached the upper 80s! The air conditioning went on and the storms rolled in :(( The tornado sirens actually went off about 20 minutes after I put the kids to bed but nothing serious hit us here. It was such weird weather - really no rain at all, just sweltering heat, a funny coloured sky and some serious looking storm clouds!! The past couple of days have been a bit chilly and rainy and I had to put the heating back on this morning :( Another day like that tomorrow then hopefully we'll see some prolonged sunshine.

We've managed to stay nice and busy while Jon has been out of town. Play dates and school have taken up our mornings which is always good. I took the kids to swimming lessons on Tuesday night and they both did great. I was in the water with Emily and Oliver was just a short distance away in another pool so I could see what he was doing as well. When we start the next session I am going to take Emily to lessons on a Tuesday morning while Oliver is at school because I think she gets too tired going in the evenings.

Oliver has spoken to Daddy on the phone a couple of times while he's been away and it's so funny to hear him talk - he just sounds so grown up!!! This evening I told him again that the new Cars movie was coming out in a few weeks and he said: "Really? Wow! That would be good!". He makes me laugh!! And Emily's word of the moment is "hi". She says it ALL THE TIME and just loves it when you say it back :) When my phone rang the other day she said "hi" before I even answered it! So cute :)

Anyway, the kids are in bed and we are looking forward to Daddy coming home tomorrow.

She was so excited playing with the ball!
First dinner outside this year :)
Yay - we bought Candyland!!
Oliver with his new Thomas Bubble Machine
Not sure if you can see but she has dirt all around her mouth because she was eating it - lovely!
Oliver was copying Emily - I'm not sure what to say......
Park play date on Wednesday - at this point it was tipping down with rain but it did stop and the kids had some fun getting wet on the play equipment!
But I kept Emily in the stroller most of the time!! Loving the curly hair in the heat and rain!
Oliver feeding Emily some oatmeal at breakfast time
New digger PJs!!!!!

Oliver playing dress-up this morning :)









No comments: