Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Blizzard 2010!!!



Yep, that's what the news channels were calling the snowfall we got this past weekend. You know it's big when they just call it Blizzard 2010 :) We totalled out at 17 inches of snow which was the 5th highest snowfall in recorded history. I went to work on Saturday morning when it really wasn't too bad but at 2pm I was given the option to go home so I did. By then I had to dig my car out of it's space and the roads were pretty nasty. We were supposed to have a family Christmas party that evening but we opted to stay home and be safe which was probably a good choice. Now we have so much snow on the ground it's hard to know where the rest of it is going to go!!

Tomorrow the Curry's arrive from the UK and I think we are all ready for their arrival. Oliver is very excited for his cousins to come and visit. That, on top of the general Christmas excitement is making one crazy little boy in this house!! And he doesn't even know about the trip to the waterpark next week!

Emily continues to do well. Now she is trying to stand up - obviously not content just to crawl! We are fast running out of safe places for Oliver to do his puzzles!!

Well, I just wanted to get a little update on before things get really busy here. I'll try to get some pics on before xmas!


Reading time!

Yep, she loves the Christmas tree!!

My first Christmas card!!

Hey Oliver, did you see what I got?

Sillies!

Oliver found his football.....

.....and caught it loads of times!!!!

Emily finding a tasty toy at a play date

And Oliver colouring with his friends Celia and Chase (Chase is wearing the monkey costume!!)

What I discovered when I left work on Saturday. It doesn't look that bad in this picture but the snow behind and in front was too high for me to drive through.

Emily was more than ready to get out; Oliver wanted to pose!

The morning after........

Thank goodness for snowblowers!!!

And the wonderful roof art on our garage :)

Emily playing this afternoon





No comments: