Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Turtle!


So this morning I was looking out of the window and I saw a turtle making it's way across our lawn which I thought was a bit strange! I took some pictures of it from inside then later I took Oliver out to have a look. He was very keen to touch it but I didn't let him - he just said hello and waved :) Later in the afternoon we took Scoop out on her walk and some other people alerted us to the turtle on the middle of the bridge. I managed to get past it without alerting Scoop and the other people told me it was a snapping turtle and could bite! They must have got hold of someone to come and move it as it was gone by the time we finished the walk. Pretty interesting though!!

Last Monday we hosted a play date in our garden. About 8 kids were here running around and playing on the swing and in the playhouse. It was great fun. We also went to a park and to someone else's house last week. And on Thursday Oliver and Mikayla had a play date at the park in Hopkins. The weather was just lovely until the weekend came and then it felt like the middle of winter again! It was still dull today but should be cheering up over the coming few days.

Our poor Scoopy has been concerning us this week. I saw her have a seizure on Monday morning which is the second one we know she's had (Jon saw the first). I took her to the vet later in the day and it seems likely she has epilepsy so we have some medication to give her if she has another seizure and if they become more frequent she will have to go on other medication full time. It's very scary and upsetting to see but 99% of the time she is our usual silly, happy dog :)

Today I took Oliver to the Eagle's Nest which is an indoor play area about 25mins away from home. He loved it!! He ran around like crazy and was ready to go home after 1.5hrs (he got his shoes and brought them over to me!!). Oliver also has a favourite song by the All American Rejects called "Gives You Hell" (not sure if that's popular anywhere else!). Anyway, every time it comes on he starts dancing so I managed to get a video of that today although he seemed more interested in bear blankie towards the end!!

I'll sign off by wishing my mum and Jon's dad very happy birthdays for today - hope you both had a great day :))


Having fun at our play date last week

Playing in the park at Lake Hiawatha



Spot which child wouldn't look at the camera for a picture....!

Turtle :))

Hanging out with Rowen on the fire truck

Playing with Ezra on the slide


No comments: