Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow!


As the title suggests, we have had some snowfall here in the past couple of weeks. The Friday before last it snowed when I was out with Oliver at a playdate in Minneapolis so I got to drive home in it - good practice!! It was fine really as most people were driving slower but the snowploughs were obviously behind me as the road still hadn't been cleared so I couldn't see the lines dividing the lanes. The main roads do get cleared pretty quickly but it's a different story on the residential roads. We had more snow on the Sunday so I had to take Oliver outside to experience it! He was fully bundled up in snow bib and snow boots but still he was ready to go inside after about 15 minutes! There is a video of him walking around in the snow and watching the older kids sledding down the path!! Jon also got a video of Scoop going hyper when I took her outside!!

Today it is silly cold (about -21C) so I'm staying inside as much as possible! Scoop still has to go outside of course but I try to stay in the garage as much as possible while she does her thing :) The weekend was so warm (above freezing anyway) so a lot of the snow melted and then the temperature dropped about 30 degrees so it's a tad slippy out there.

On Saturday morning we went over to our friends place - Jeanne and Corey - to hang out and for Oliver and Kate to have a playdate. They had a great time together playing in the ball pit, giving each other rides on the car and eating lunch together. It was a fun time.

Other than that there really isn't too much to report. Oliver has discovered hitting and hits me in the face every so often which isn't the greatest. And it's pretty hard to discipline a 15 month old who doesn't understand *sigh*. On the brighter side he is starting to learn parts of the body and now knows his head, toes, knees and bellybutton!! We are also trying to wean him off his bottle so we started putting his milk in a cup the past couple of days (learning from Kate!). He is fine having the milk in the cup but hasn't learned to tip the cup up so the milk comes out!! It won't take him long though.

Not too many pics this time I'm afraid but here's a few to keep you going!


Kate giving Oliver a push

Just hanging out

Playing in the ball pit

Yes, now I have to take my keys wherever I go because Oliver is capable of locking doors! This one leads to the garage so if I'm taking Scoop outside and Oliver locks me out.......well, I'd be very cold!!

Playing with the Christmas card I got from Nanna Pan - it lights up and I love it!!


No comments: