Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A fun holiday!


We had a busy but fun holiday weekend over here. We did some furniture shopping and have ordered a sofa, dining table, coffee tables and dresser for the new house. The sofa is being delivered the day after we complete - as is all our stuff from the boat which is pretty exciting! Oliver was really good as we spent around 4 hours in one furniture shop on Saturday.

On Sunday Oliver got a new toy which a friend of Grandma Sandy's gave him. It is a play gym thing which he can stand up in and has lots of different toys which he can spin around to see. It's great because it doesn't move so if I have some jobs to do I can put him in it and not worry about him getting into trouble!! You'll see a few pics and a video of it below.

Sunday afternoon wasn't so great as it was really stormy here and a couple of tornados hit the ground in the Minneapolis area. A whole new experience for me - not a very good one but something that does happen here. The hail stones in places were the size of golf balls but around here they probably got to the size of a 5p piece. Somehow Jon and Ray managed to get 4 cars into the 3 car garage to try and avoid causing any damage to Jon's new car!!

On a brighter note, we went to the horse racing on Monday which was good fun. We placed a few bets and I think came out even or maybe a dollar or two up - we won't spend it all at once!!

By the way, I am loving the picture at the top of this entry! As soon as I got the camera out Oliver posed like this for me! He is turning into cousin Morgan who always likes to say cheese when the camera comes out :-)) And I almost forgot to say that Oliver has pulled himself up to standing on a few occasions now. I haven't been able to get it on video as yet but I'll keep trying for next time!!! I have managed to catch his new high-speed crawling though!


That's tasty beer :-)

Jennifer and Mikayla - apparently Mikayla has learned the art of high pitched squealing from her older cousin!


Enjoying my new toy - after being slightly bemused to start with!!

Ray & Sandy's new 4 car garage - Jon's Civic is at the far end and this photo is taken from the side door into the garage

Oliver and Grandma Sandy at the horse racing

A lovely Oliver and Daddy pic


No comments: